Friday, July 29, 2005

7/29/05

Yesterday I got more recording done. I am working on layering vocal harmonies on Mickey Mouse World. It�s very time consuming.

Last night I went to the movie The Wedding Crashers. A dopey movie, but kind of funny at times. It had a theme of �taming the wild man.� Another variation on the embrace of family motif.

Afterwards I drove to Manhattan and parked near St. Mark�s. It was a beautiful cool night. The heat wave finally broke. I was going to go to the Continental, but I didn�t want to hear a metal band and the group on the marquee was called Metal Church.

I walked down and tried to go to the Remote Lounge but it was closed. I walked down to CB�s but couldn�t stomach that scene.

It�s funny walking in NYC, with every step you float past a new sub-culture. Punks here, yuppies there. The village seems to have been taken over by rich little Asian girls.

Walking with no direction made me feel so lonely. But it�s the best thing I can feel. The most alive I am capable of. I wanted to sit at an outdoor caf� and write, but I didn�t have my notebook.

On the way home I stopped at a little bar on Franklin that was having an open mic night. I had a vodka and 7 and listened to a lame folk singer and a rapper while keeping an eye on the barmaid who was an amazingly thin African girl with a pretty face. She was fun to look at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home