Monday, September 19, 2005

9/19/05 Journal entry

It's been a hectic week. Mondy night I had free tickets to go see an off-Broadway show called Once Around The Sun. Tony Coque, our guitarist is playing in the pit orchestra. It is a show about a wedding band musician who rises to fame. It was a bit cheesy,
but when is musical theater not a little cheesy?

Tuesday night I drove down to Jersey to check out a venue that offered the Orgy a show. Only when I got there did I realize it was an all age venue. The crowd didn’t look too open minded, so I scratched that off the list.

Earlier I had checked out a new rock club in soho called Dalancey. It was cool looking place, but not appropriate for The Imperial Orgy. Too small of a stage, no set-up for video, bands only get 45 minutes sets. The usual NYC bullshit.

Thursday night I went to Southpaw to see my friend Steve Koetser’s band perform. I like his music, but on this night he was only playing slow songs. I was hoping he'd rock it out a bit.

A friend of mine from college manages the place so he was throwing a few drinks at me. He offered to have the Orgy play the venue, but I'm not sure if it's a place I want to perform.

Friday night Heather and I went to a party at a club called Ducet, you might have seen it on Sex & The City. There was a party in the basement called Voyeur. The club was kind of cool, the room was a big dance floor with white beds all around the outer wall, but the party was a snooze. With a fourty-five dollar cover charge and 10 dollar drinks, what was billed as an adult party was just a dance club with bad music and a few club kids pretending to be naughty. If anyone got too hot and heavy the bouncers through them out. Abbie, a woman who helped manage the Orgy Masquerade Ball was there. She looked pretty bored as well.

This morning after my jog I was walking home and listening to my iPod. The lyrics to the The The song was talking about the devil buying him a drink. I was thinking how there are no devils or angels in new York. Everything is submerged into the whole. Not
much ever happens here to catch your attention. People look creative and interesting on the outside, but they are so self-aware that they never let themselves go and allow their neurosis to spill out in a public forum the way people in most of America do.


Just as I was thinking these thoughts a strange bird flew out of the sky and landed beside me. I stopped to look at it and is was a parakeet with a bright blue body and gleaming white wings. He looked at me as if to say, "buddy have you seen my feeder dish? I seem to have lost my way. You don't happen to have a spare millet stick on ya by any chance?" When I couldn’t produce anything of interest to parakeets, he flew away.

Thursday we have a vocal session with the girls. I am eager to get the recording back under way and finish up this CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home