Thursday, November 09, 2006

11/8/06

Yesterday morning I awoke and went straight to cnn.com to get the good news about the democratic sweep of the house. Hopefully this will the beginning of better days in the US. These last six years have been pretty creepy.

It was a rainy day in NYC. In the morning I had a therapy session. We talked about a strange dream I had and talked alot about the relative meaning of success.

In the afternoon I went to a yoga session in Sunnyside, Queens. It was Kundalina yoga, and although a very challenging session, also very detoxifying.

Afterwards I came home and crashed for awhile. In the evening I had a recording/mixing session at Tin Man Studios. It was our first session in almost a year as we waited for the studio to reopen. It is now located in the Bronx. It's quite a drive, but it is really nice.

We worked on All God's Children and the mixed progressed very well. it could be a really good, funny, and carries a message that is very importsant to me. It was a song I wrote right after 9/11.

Here are the lyrics.


Hindu's killing Sikhs in the Punjab state
Protestants and Catholics fill Irish graves
Jews killing Muslims to get their space
Muslims killing everyone all over the place

Everyone's religion is the one true religion
Will you spread your faith with an iron fist?
Burn the pagans, kill the infidels
Follow your creed or burn in hell

Goddamn - I don't understand
How your religion tells you to kill a man
Jesus Christ -it don't seem right
All God's children want to fuss and fight
Holy Shit - ain't it time to quit?
If that's your religion I don't believe in it

R-E-L-I-G-I-O-N
I thought God was supposed to bring us together
But these religions got us killing each other
R-E-L-I-G-I-O-N
God must sure hate your fucking religions

At the session I met a very interesting guy who is a fellow Frank Zappa. He is a old bio-chemist, but also a reader of Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell.

Today it is a sunny day in NYC. I wish I could do out and play instead of sitting in front of the computer. I didn't get much sleep I felt pretty anxious this morning, but feel better now.

I am slwoly working on redoing the origianl Imperial Orgy website. It's a fun project. One of the things I am doing is integrating video into the pages, thanks to Youtube. Another thing that is being done is that the websitge has forms where visitors have to answer very personal questions in order to move on to the next payer of the site. I am now adding the ability for visitors to read some of the answers of previous visitors. It is something that meant to be done since the site was created many years ago.

It is interesting, at the time I made the site the internet was in it infancy and there was a lot of debate about what it would become. Many artists discussed the idea that it might become a new artistic medium. Not just a place to show art, but a medium in itself. Of course, all these years later, to a large extent the internet is ruled by commercial websites and the idea of a new medium of art is long forgotten. Which makes the Imperial Orgy site that much more unique. The site is an interactive mutlimedia spiritual journey of self-dscovery designed to offer the visitor a process of self-knowledge based on the techniques in Eastern religions.

The project still has a long way to go, but once it is done we plan to relauch the site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home