Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Prometheus Bound

Last night we had a rehearsal preparing to start a new recording project. We worked on a new song called Prometheus Bound that came out really nice. It is a complicated song with a lot of parts so I thought it would take a while to pull it together, but it seemed to fall right into place pretty quickly.

To give you an idea of how we work - here is a guitar chart we were working from for the song:






Here are the song's lyrics:

Everywhere I look it's comin' down
The dogs are barkin' but there ain't no sound
I tell the truth even when I lie
Gotta see Jerusalem before I die

I talkin' loud and drinkin' fast
Tryin' to convince myself that good times can last
Got a parade float and a circus tent
But got no money to pay the rent

I stole a flame from the sun
Now I'm livin' life on the run
I guess I made a Devil's trade
But if I have my way he won't never get paid

Chickin Little said it hit his head
Superman yelled out, "Hey, I'm not dead!"
But Shakespeare's sonnets are crumpled on the floor"
And the raven sings "boy, you know the score"

The minister's driving a Mustang car
He says he goin' to heaven it ain't that far
But with the price of gas he can only coast
Instead of heaven he's headin' down below

Swing low swing high
The great one heaves a troubled sigh
Swing high swing low
Tiamat gives birth to the Earth below
Day in day out
We close out eyes and count to ten
Day out day in
We take a breath and start again

Y'know this ain't no reality show
The more is see the less I know
There's robots walkin' everywhere
They been had, but they don't care

I stole my baby a diamond ring
Then packed my bags and sold my things
I went to Memphis to see the king
Got caught up in a dirty low-down scheme

Policeman say I broke the law
But I ain't to blame I swear to god
When the newsman's calling out your name
Innocent or guilty it's all the same

She got candy cotton underwear
She said take a bite, but I don't dare
Now my sweet tooth is comin' loose
I'm diabetic, but my heads already in the noose

The emperor's brand new cloths
Are the latest fashion show
The supermodels strut and they sashay
But there ain't no secrets it's all out there on display

I burned my checks and my credit cards
Out here, life is tough, life is hard
Got caught up in the undertow
From now on baby we pay as we go

I seen those politicians wavin' flags
But I won't take a bullet for that rag
Cause the rich man's pullin' all the strings
He's makin' profit from everything
The rich man's pullin' all the strings
One thing he can't control is these words I sing
One thing he can't control is these words I sing
One thing he can't control is these words I sing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home