Wednesday, August 10, 2005

8/10/05 get the Ukulele out of the pawnshop

It looks like I’ll be able to get the Ukulele out of the pawnshop soon. I finally got a
new client. A rapper who thinks he’s the next Puffy. It doesn’t solve all my problems
but it’s a step in the right direction.

Last weekend I went back to Lewistown to evict one of my tenants. It went smoothly
and he’s finally gone. Although he took me for about $1500, and he seemed to have
a clear conscious about it. I’m sure he’ll do the same at his next stop.

I also have a new tenant in an apartment that’s been empty for a few months. What a
relief. That is.

Sunday afternoon I had a rehearsal with the punk band Friction. Out reunion show is
set for October 15th. I hope I’ll be ready. I have more stamina for the drumming than
before, but still not all I need. It’s such aggressive music. There are about four songs
that just brutalize me.

Monday night I went t6o see Broken Flowers, a film by Jim Jarmusch. It was at the
Angelica theatre and was packed. People seem to be starving for films that are
creative and intelligent.

I often write about the motifs behind films. Many have the ‘embracing family’ motif,
or the related motif of ‘taming the wild man.’ Although it had a taming the wild man
theme it did not end with an embrace of family message. In fact, the wild man wasn’t
actually tamed, he just went on a journey into his own past. The end had no
resolution or obvious message. It left you to think about it. (We know how people
hate that) It was a very funny movie though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home