Friday, March 03, 2006

3/3/06

Lately I have been full of electricity. Every time I touch the DVD player there is a big static shock and it shuts off the player. The same thing is happening with the laptop computer. The cat won�t come near me. Odd but true.

Yesterday evening was spent doing radio promotion. Heather was calling in requests to college stations across the country and I was doing myspace emails. I�m severely understaffed for this project.

So far we�ve got one station the put the CD into medium rotation and one that refused to play it at all.

Since last August I�ve been receiving sporadic emails from an X from many years ago. We were only together for a short time, but it was a very pivotal time in my life. Her�s too I believe. For ten years she would barely speak to me. She contacts me because she has some bone to pick with me each time, and we�ve managed to learn to speak on friendly terms, but there is still a lot of stress in the emails.

On Wednesday night she sent a fat email that, although cloaked in a friendly guise, seemed to make me feel defensive. It�s like a battle of egos when we communicate. I didn�t want to feel that way, or have any kind of unpleasant exchange with her, so I didn�t respond to the email.

Last night I got another large email. I didn�t have time to read it accept for a few lines, but it said that she realized she was disappointed that I didn�t return her email and that she know feels she�s let go of her anger over the past.

After ten years I would hope so, but either way I guess I am glad she feels some resolution. She was a lovely, and unique woman, and I have warm feeligns towards her, but it was so long ago, I see no need to have stress or dramas about the past.

This weekend I plan to meet a guy from India to discuss outsourcing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home