Monday, November 13, 2006

1113/06

I've been up since 4AM. Can't get back to sleep. Yesteday I strained my back a bit doing Hatha Yoga.

Saturday night I went to see the Borat movie. It's a very funny movie, you laugh even as your stomach churns. And I am not a fan of Jackass or Gross-out type humor. Although I left the film a bit disturbed. The real genuis of Borat is that he goads people ionto revealing their own prejudices. From frat boys who long for a return to the days of slavery, to Texans who want to hang gay people, Borat manages to hold a mirror up to American culture and what he reveals is often depressing. There is nothing like seeing a crowd of rodeo fans cheering for the murder of all Muslim women and children. God bless America!?!

The actors also go to dangerous and humiliating lengths to get laughs. There is a nude fight scene with a fat man that ends up in a business convention at a hotel that is so outrageous you can't believe your eyes. That is, if you can keep from covering them with your hands it is at times to unpleasant to watch.

Borat is the kind of entertainment we don't see too often in these political correct days. He raises consciousness while making us laugh. The film is edgy and some might be tempted to blame him for the things he says and does into order to shake the racists, sexists, and religous fanataics out of the woodwork, but those people are simply not getting it.

In one very strange scene Borat attends a Christian revival meeting where people are speaking in tongues and being healed. It is a real freak show. In between, they rant about ending the seperation of church and state and attack the idea of evolution. Fantacism can be a scarey thing.

I have also been woking on composing a complex prog-rock style instrumental bridge for an old song called Struggle The Void. My ability to read and write sheet music is somewhat limited so I have been simultaneously working on writing the music, developing my ability to notate music, and trying to figure out the midi computer program that I using to do the composing on. At times I want to pull out my hair, but overall it has been progressing well on all fronts.

The remodeling of the Imperial Orgy Experience website is also going well. Some of the pages of the site I haven't looked at in years so I am really seeing it with fresh eyes.

Today it is back to the business grind. A lot of pressures right now. I wish I could afford to get out of New York for a few days and escape it all.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]hydrocodone order[/url][/b]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home